Friday, May 26, 2023

A Day on the Pale Blue Dot - 23

Monday, 22nd May 2023

That's not my Name!

I've been pretty used to people not spelling my name correctly for most of my life.

Tarun, that's not my name! My name is Tharun.

I do not blame people who write out my name by simply hearing it. It is pretty easy to make the mistake since Tarun is the more widely used spelling. But those who type the name incorrectly when replying to email or saying "Hi" in a chat? The name is spelt correctly right in front of them - in the email address, in the email signature, on the chat box - the name is right there - THARUN!


And yet you type in Tarun - I do not understand how you process it. Probably the hand-eye co-ordination is very bad? A family feud between the hand and eye, I suppose.

Look. Read. Write. Alphabet to alphabet. Not that difficult dear.

Regards,
Tharun.
THARUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment