Wednesday, May 31, 2023

A Day on the Pale Blue Dot - 26

Thursday, 25th May 2023

Small Rich Life?

My wife and I decided to go out on a special date tonight. Usually, we'd take our car and go out somewhere; but today we decided to go by cab since we had some alcoholic plans. 🍸

It has been a very long time since the both of us had travelled in a cab. It was kind of nice, not having to worry about driving through the Bengaluru trafic and increasing our blood pressures. Instead, we could just sit, relax and talk.

As an expensive looking Mercedes Benz SUV overtook us, it randomly crossed my mind whether this is how rich people travel? In their own car, driven around by their chauffeur, and they just sit back, relax and talk?

I suddenly asked my wife: Do you think we will get out of middle class?

Wife (very confidentially and enthusiastically): Yes!

Me: Yes, even I do think and hope the steps we are taking now get us there. But however rich we become; I don't think I'd want a driver to drive us around. I mean, I wouldn't want to buy a super expensive car and not drive it.

Hmmpphh..! Someday!

And yes, the date went beautifully nice! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment