Saturday, May 27, 2023

A Day on the Pale Blue Dot - 24

Tuesday, 23rd May 2023

Office Havoc?

Very interesting day at office! 😵

So, our Vice President from U.S is in our India offices for a couple of weeks, and he'd be in Bengaluru for most of the time. He wanted to visit everyone who is responsible for a team. And thus, it was my chance to meet with him to discuss "things."

I couldn't meet him in the morning as planned since an earlier meeting of his went on for longer than expected. So, we set up another meeting for the evening. I had made a list of things to discuss, about how we could improve things in our project. 

5:00 PM, our meeting time and I went down to his office. After a half hour meeting till 5:30 PM, I came back to my seat.

Soon after, my manager got a call from a director saying that the VP has called for an emergency meeting at 6:00 PM with the senior managers and directors. My eyes widened; panic started kicking in. Was it something I said to the VP that triggered this meeting? 



I gave a quick 2-minute brief to my manager about my discussion with the VP so that there wouldn't be any surprises. My manager left for the emergency meeting.

I had another meeting with our U.S. team at 7:00 PM which got over 5 minutes before another meeting at 8:00 PM. The 2nd meeting got over at 8.45 PM and still my manager was not back from the emergency meeting with the VP. My panic increased. At 8:50 PM I dropped a Teams message to my manager and left for home, not knowing what was happening in the VP's office and over thinking up to a point where I would have my job tomorrow. 😟

EOD.

Have you ever caused a havoc anywhere anytime unintentionally or unknowingly?

No comments:

Post a Comment